Welcome to the Friends Shop
Here you'll find books and maps created by Loudoun historians as well as books by authors whose works have been presented in Library lectures or featured in our Chronicle newsletter. Click on the images below for descriptions of these featured publications.
You can buy the books and maps listed below at Thomas Balch Library, at local retail outlets, and through the Friends. To purchase directly from the Friends, download this order form and fill it out as indicated. Be sure to include credit card information on the form or enclose a check with it made payable to Friends of Thomas Balch Library, Inc.
Mail your order to Friends of Thomas Balch Library, P.O. Box 2184, Leesburg, VA 20177. If you have any questions, please call us at 540-579-2825 or send us a secure message via our Contact Us form.
Thank you for your support of the Friends and Thomas Balch Library!
Loudoun Discovered: Communities, Corners & Crossroads
5-volume collection of articles by Virginia historian Eugene School on the histories of towns and villages of Loudoun.
- Volume 1: Eastern Loudoun: Goin’ Down the Country - $20
- Volume 2: Leesburg and the Old Carolina Road - $20
- Volume 3: The Hunt Country and Middleburg - $20
- Volume 4: Quaker Country and the Loudoun Valley - $20
- Volume 5: Waterford, the German Settlement and Between the Hills - $20
Individual copies of the Eugene Scheel’s Historical Map of Loudoun - $10
Set of 5 Volumes plus Eugene Scheel’s New Historical Map of Loudoun County -$100
Publications of the Friends' Black History Committee
- The Essence of a People: Portraits of African Americans Who Made a Difference in Loudoun County, Virginia - $15
- The Essence of a People II: African Americans Who Made Their World Anew in Loudoun County, Virginia and Beyond - $15
- Loudoun County’s African American Communities: A Tour Map and Guide - $5
- In the Watchfires: The Loudoun County Emancipation Association, 1890–1971 by Elaine E. Thompson - $20
- George Washington Carver: Scientist, Artist & Musician by Lemoine D. Pierce - $10
- Journey Through Time by the Black History Committee of the Friends of the Thomas Balch Library- $5
- Billy Pierce: Dance Master, Son of Purcellville by Lemoine D. Pierce - $15
A Story of Round Hill, Loudoun County, Virginia by Ann Whitehead Thomas - $20
“The Imperious Laird”: John Campbell, Fourth Earl of Loudoun by Douglas W. Foard, PhD - $15
Loudoun 1757: On the Border of Mayhem–Loudoun County 250th Anniversary Lecture Series - $15
Leesburg 250th Anniversary Lecture Series (2008) Hosted by Thomas Balch Library. Book and 2 DVDs - $15